Drama Playgroundfor students in Grades 1 to 4
Book the Drama Playground
Each booking comes with access to
- 6 Drama Playground learning videos for grades 1-2
- 6 Drama Playground learning videos for grades 2-3
- Educator’s resource packs
All Drama Playground resources will be available from date of booking to June 30, 2021.
Over the course of the summer our Artist Educators and Education Coordinator have been collaborating to figure out how we can continue to provide fun and effective drama programs, while also ensuring everyone’s safety. We, like many, decided to go virtual and created a resource that we hope will be simple and effective for educators to use in their classrooms. We have crafted a short series of Virtual Drama Lessons called Drama Playground.
What is it?
These lessons are:
- Approximately 20-25 minutes in length
- Targeted to children in Grades 1-3
- Split into two series, each with three videos (one series for Grades 1-2 and one for Grades 2-3)
- Scaffolded drama games/activities that include check-ins and warm ups
- Able to be safely performed in a socially distanced environment
When is it?
Use the Drama Playground videos at your own pace, as it suits your teaching schedule.
Where is it?
The Drama Playground program has been developed for video delivery so that it can be used in classrooms, home schooling settings, and other learning environments.
What is the cost?
The Drama Playground is free for the 2020/2021 school year as we pilot the program.
However, if you find the program valuable we accept donations to the McLauchlan Arts Education Fund which supports the development of programs like the Drama Playground.