Sensory Friendly Performances
A special opportunity for families to share in the wonder of theatre in a safe and accepting environment. These performances will have their lights up, the sound turned down, and a space made available for kids to dance, laugh, sing, and enjoy!
We are committed to increasing access and inclusion for our community’s children and families. We wish to do this by ensuring a welcoming and supportive performing arts experience for all children and families this season and in years to come.
To provide a supportive and nurturing environment for children and families, dedicated Sensory Friendly performances include:
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show
- Extra staff and volunteer support.
- Designated “Quiet Room” and “Take a Break Space”
Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show. Families may select their own seats, but if special assistance or a buffer seat is needed, please let the box office and/or staff know.
For more information call 905-682-8326 ext. 22