The Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators (Formally known as Theatre Creators’ Reserve Program), funded through the Ontario Arts Council, assists Ontario-based professional theatre creators, individuals and collectives, by providing grants through third-party recommenders to develop new work.
Criteria for Application:
We ask creators to apply with a theatre for young audience proposal in mind. We are looking for projects that:
- Demonstrate interest in theatre for children, youth and families
- Explore narratives that speak to contemporary topics for youth
- Demonstrate strong artistic vision and creative potential
- Explore new and exciting forms in style and content
All projects will be reviewed by our Artistic Director. Specific feedback will be provided at the writer’s request.
Support Materials for Application:
Carousel Players requests the following items from applicants:
- A cover letter outlining the reasons for applying to the program including an artist statement
- An up-to-date CV/Resume
- A concise one-page oultine of the project, including the goals for the project, its history if applicable, and how the project will address a youth audience
- A writing sample (Max. 15 pages)
- A budget detailing how funds will be allocated over the creation period
In the past, we have aimed to provide enough support to the successful candidates for 2-4 weeks of work on their respective projects.
for more information contact email@example.com