EMPLOYMENT & INTERNSHIPs
Current Employment & Contract Opportunities
Full Time Permanent Position Available
Tour and Outreach Manager
The Tour & Outreach Manager is responsible for managing the non-production aspects of Carousel Players’ tours to schools, community venues, and theatres, and managing Carousel Players’ communications, marketing, and community outreach to promote and build awareness of the company and its work.
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE
Communications & Marketing
- Promote Carousel Players’ tours
- Manage Carousel Players’ communication with audiences and supporters through newsletters, social media, and the media
- Create and distribute marketing materials for tours and outreach activities
- Book performances into schools and other venues
- Coordinate logistical details of all tours
- Manage Carousel Players’ community outreach activities and special events
- Supervise Community Youth Engagement Coordinator and volunteers
A candidate for this position should demonstrate the following
- A love of theatre
- Three or more years experience in sales and/or customer service
- Experience in speaking with and/or emailing unfamiliar people to build new connections
- Experience in using MS Office Suite and Google Cloud systems
- Experience using major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for communications and promotions
- Spoken and written English proficiency sufficient to lead meetings; have conversations and email exchanges with schools, presenting venues, and community organizations; and ensure accuracy in the content of written and spoken messages.
Other qualities and skills that are not required but are considered an asset:
- Project and/or event management experience
- Knowledge of the Niagara Region’s geography and communities
- Knowledge of the Canadian Theatre Agreement (CTA)
- Familiarity with Mailchimp, WordPress, Tik Tok, and/or graphic design software
- Access to reliable transportation
- Volunteer or employment experience in the performing arts
Carousel Players is committed to creating a supportive and flexible workspace. Staff work both in-office and virtually as best suits their tasks and responsibilities. Some evening and weekend work will be required in this position.
This position involves working around minors, so the selected candidate will be required to complete a police-issued Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of employment. The cost of completing this check will be reimbursed by Carousel Players.
Salary Range: $1,640 to $1,700 based on experience, paid bi-weekly. Other compensation includes 3% RRSP matching, extended health benefits, support for professional development, and twelve days paid vacation.
Carousel Players is committed to non-discriminatory hiring practices to ensure equitable access to our creative spaces for artists, staff, volunteers, and audiences of diverse backgrounds and abilities. Persons who identify as IBPOC (Indigenous, Black, and Persons of Colour), 2SLGBTQ+, and/or disabled are encouraged to apply for this position. Please contact Carousel Players at or 905-682-8326 *23 about any accommodations you require to submit an application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send both your resume and a cover letter to addressed to General Manager Kate Leathers and Artistic Director Monica Dufault explaining your interest in the role.
Applications must be received by 11:59pm EST on July 12, 2023 to be considered. Interviews will be conducted in person or by video call on July 18, 19, and 20. We thank all those who apply, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
High School Co-op Positions
Carousel Players is committed to mentoring emerging and aspiring artists. We believe in providing practical work experience, skills development, and guidance in working in the arts (performing and otherwise).
We work with colleges and universities for-credit Intership and Co-op Programs, as well as DSBN and Niagara Catholic for-credit Co-op placement programs. Students can choose to work with our artistic production staff, our administrative staff, our education staff, or a mix of all three. Applied learning opportunities include graphic design, scenic painting and construction, props construction, stage management (certain terms only), community outreach, public relations, arts education, event producing, and many other areas.
Carousel Players does not usually offer paid internships or co-ops, but we are open to working with students to seek funding for such positions. Interested students should be aware that this type of funding can take up to six months to be approved and they should contact us at least two terms in advance of their planned internship or co-op period.
If you are interested in pursuing an internship, a co-op, or an applied learning course with Carousel Players, please send a letter of interest and a resume to General Manager Kate Leathers by email or call 905-682-8326 *23.
Need help writing a cover letter and resume for your application?