Employment & Internship Opportunities
Carousel Players is currently hiring a part-time Community Outreach Organizer.
This position is a part-time job for a student or recent graduate, funded through the Province of Ontario’s Summer Experience Program.
This position is a part-time job for a student or recent graduate, funded through the Province of Ontario’s Summer Experience Program. The position runs from August 31 to December 18, 2020 for 15.5 hours per week at $14/hr. It will involve some weekend and evening hours.
The position involves preparing for and helping at Outreach events, working with Carousel Players staff in areas of event planning and communications. The Community Outreach Organizer is responsible for working with staff to
- Attend community events and public performances to manage audience experience and promote Carousel Players
- Use outreach events and various communication channels to grow Carousel Players’ public awareness
- Prepare outreach activities to send to community events
The Community Outreach Organizer will work closely with the Tour & Outreach Manager and the General Manager.
Eligibility requirements for student applicants:
- All students must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation.
- Students must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment or up to 29 years for persons with a disability, if disabled, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, as amended from time to time.
- Proof of student enrolment must be provided to the employer.
- Students must be residents of Ontario during the period of employment.
- Students must be eligible to work in Canada and have a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Post-Secondary Interships &
High School Coop Positions
Carousel Players is committed to mentoring emerging and aspiring artists. We believe in providing practical work experience, skills development, and guidance in working in the arts (performing and otherwise).
We work with several college and university Intership Programs, as well as DSBN and Niagara Catholic Co-op placement programs. Students can choose to work with our artistic production staff, our administrative staff, our education staff, or a mix of all three. Applied learning opportunities include graphic design, scenic painting and construction, props construction, stage management (certain terms only), community outreach, public relations, arts education, event producing, and many other areas.
If you are interested in pursuing an internship, a co-op placement, or an applied learning course with Carousel Players, please contact General Manager Kate Leathers at 905-682-8326 *23.
Need help writing a cover letter and resume?
Artistic Leadership &
Creative Management Interships
Carousel Players is interested in working with artists and arts workers who wish to pursue a career in Theatre for Young Audiences. Our preference is to create a personalized learning and development plan in collaboration with the artists and arts workers, so we would be happy to work on applications to the following programs that support internships in Artistic Direction, Artistic Producing, and General Management:
OAC – Chalmers Professional Development Projects
OAC – Compass Arts Management Internships
OAC – Skills and Career Development: Indigenous Arts Professionals and Arts Professionals of Colour
Metcalf Foundation – Performing Arts Interships
Canada Council for the Arts – Professional Development for Artists
Canada Council for the Arts – Professional Development for Arts Professionals