Board of Directors & Staff
Carousel Players is seeking new Board Members
The Carousel Players Board of Directors is seeking new members from the Niagara Region. There are currently three vacancies on the Board, and the role of treasurer will become vacant at our upcoming Annual General Meeting (October).
Who is this opportunity for?
We are looking for people who are interested in helping Carousel Players to
- Better the lives of children through creativity and the arts
- Share the benefits of live theatre with schools and community audiences
- Build a Niagara-wide network of arts education programs for children and youth
- Strengthen and/or build Carousel Players’ public presence in the Niagara Region’s many geographic and cultural communities
- Set goals and create plans for Carousel Players’ next decade
Carousel Players believes that it is the company’s responsibility to provide an environment where every Board Member is supported in bringing their full, authentic selves to the work. We are committed to inclusive recruiting practices to ensure equitable access for community members of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Our current Board membership includes students, retirees, professionals, educators, entrepreneurs, and arts workers. There are Directors in their twenties, in their seventies, and all decades in between. We do not require specific education or work experience, but instead seek Directors with an interest in our work and a desire to contribute to the Niagara community.
What is the commitment?
A Director of the Board for Carousel Players is asked to
- Attend 6 bi-monthly Board meetings, typically 90 minute sessions
- Attend the Annual General Meeting in the Fall
- Read all reports provided in advance of meetings
- Participate in analysis of and provide feedback on programming and operating plans
- Join one Committee of the Board
- Support the company’s leadership and staff
- Advocate for and promote the company’s work
Interested in Learning More?
Carousel Players’ Board of Directors
Carolyn Mackenzie (Chair) – Educator & Stage Manager
Jenniffer Anand (Vice Chair) – Communications & Media Relations
Alexandra del Vecchio – Lawyer
Sande Farrauto – Legacy Partner Associate
Nadia Ganesh – Graduate Student
Lauren Hundert – Development
Wendy Kulp – Early Years Educator
Carousel Players’ Board of Directors advises staff and oversees the operations of the company through bi-monthly meetings and by membership in a standing or ad hoc committees.
The Board welcomes input from the community and encourages anyone interested in volunteering for the Board or one of its committees to contact them via the contact form below.
Carousel Players’ Board Committees – community members welcome
- Outreach Committee
- Educational Advisory Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Nominating & Human Resources Committee
- Facilities Committee
Carousel Players Staff
find our emails and phone numbers on the Contact Us page