The Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators (Formally known as Theatre Creators’ Reserve Program), funded through the Ontario Arts Council, assists Ontario-based professional theatre creators, individuals and collectives, by providing grants through third-party recommenders to develop new work. Carousel Players has been approved by the OAC as a third-party recommender for the 2017-2018 Season.
Procedures and criteria for application:
We ask creators to apply with a theatre for young audience proposal in mind.
We are looking for projects that:
- Demonstrate interest in theatre for children, youth and families
- Strive to explore narratives that speak to contemporary topics for youth
- Demonstrate strong artistic vision and creative potential
- Explore new and exciting forms in style and content
The deadline for applications is November 30, 2017.
All projects will be reviewed by our Artistic Director. Specific feedback will be provided at the writer’s request.
Carousel Players requests the following items from applicants in addition to the required OAC form:
- A cover letter outlining the reasons for applying to the program including an artist statement.
- An up-to-date CV/Resume
- A concise one-page oultine of the project, the goals for the project, its history if applicable, and a suggestion of how the project will address its youth audience.
- A writing sample (Max. 15 pages)
- A budget detailing how funds will be allocated over the creation period.
In the past,we have aimed to provide enough support to the successful candidates for 2-4 weeks of work on their respective projects. It is our goal to continue to look to this model in distributing funds.
Firebrand Theatre Collective – Airborne
Frog Song Collective – Frog Song
Laura Anna Harris – Thomas
Rouvan Silogix– Kafka for Kids
Shira Leuchter – Lost and Found
Sonderlust Collective – Men to 10
Beau Dixon and Firebrand Theatre
For more information contact our Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org